2023 is just around the corner, and as many businesses prepare to close for the Christmas/New Year break, I wanted to use this chance to reflect on the year that’s been.
I’ve put together a summary of the highlights of our year at Lark Business Advisory below!
Returning to the office after COVID lockdowns
- Whilst we were able to operate seamlessly from home, as a result of having invested heavily in cloud technologies, the Lark team have definitely enjoyed coming back to the office. We’ve enjoyed returning to face-to-face meetings with our clients & our team. We still continue to conduct Zoom meetings for those clients who can’t make it to our office (or simply prefer meetings online).
Regularly Attending Conferences / Events
- At Lark, we are continually focusing on best practice, and the best way to do this is by attending conferences and events, and communicating with like-minded professionals. Throughout 2022, we attended:
- 2 Two-Day Collaboration Circle Events
- These events involved meeting up with other accountants, and working together to address areas of improvement within our practices.
- ATL Business Advisory Conference in Noosa
- This conference was aimed at business improvement, and was attended by approximately 30 accountants from all over Australia.
- Xero Conference in Sydney
- This is an annual cloud accounting conference, which gives us the opportunity to find out about the latest cloud accounting software and applications on offer.
- This was the first time it occurred in person again since 2019!
- 2 Two-Day Collaboration Circle Events
Lark celebrating 5 years
- In June this year, we celebrated the 5-year anniversary of Lark Business Advisory, which was a fantastic milestone!
- My dream & vision was to create an advisory practice with a strong focus on relationships and collaboration, rather than being transactional unlike a number of traditional accounting practices. We are really enjoying the relationships we have developed with our clients, colleagues and team members, and we look forward to continuing this into the future!
- Our approach at Lark Business Advisory has always & will always continue to be a collaborative one.
Regularly visiting our Brisbane office and South East Queensland Clients
- In 2021, we acquired White & Black Chartered Accountants in Brisbane. Since then, we have made numerous visits to our Brisbane office, as well as many of our South East Queensland client’s business premises and homes. This has included going all the way up the Sunshine Coast to Noosa, and all the way down the Gold Coast to Burleigh Heads.
- We look forward to continuing to make these visits in 2023!
Expanding our team
- As a result of the rapid growth at Lark, we have expanded our team with another full-time Senior Accountant.
- The current environment for hiring accountants is the tightest market I can ever recall in my career. Despite the challenges we are pleased to announce we have hired a new accountant, Ishani Palliyaguru, who will be starting with us in mid-December.
Thank you for your referrals!
- Throughout 2022, we received an unprecedented number of referrals both from clients & colleagues.
- We are very grateful to all of our referrers for entrusting us with looking after either their family, friends and/or colleagues.
- Please do not hesitate to refer a colleague, friend or family member that you feel we could help. We offer a free no-obligation initial consultation for all new clients!
In conclusion, I’d like to thank all of our clients and professional colleagues for their ongoing support.
I also wanted to let you know that the team at Lark will be taking a well-earned break over Christmas/New Years.
Our office will close at 5pm on Wednesday, 21st December, 2022 and will reopen at 9am Monday, 9th January, 2023.
We wish all of our clients & colleagues a relaxing and enjoyable Christmas & New Year period with their families.
All the best for a successful 2023 Year!
With Kind Regards,